I’m sure you’ve probably heard people refer to the avocado as a super fruit by now. But did you know that avocados can help you lose weight? That’s right! By slipping an avocado or two into your diet you can prevent a host of health problems as well as keep your weight in line. Here’s 3 reasons (out of a million) why you should add avocado to your diet:
Avocados help boost the metabolism.
This super fruit is loaded with Omega 9 fatty acids that speeds up the conversion of fat into energy and protects the energy producing part of cells from free radical damage which boosts the metabolism.
Avocados help reduce hunger
Not only does avocado improve nutrient intake but it’s loaded with monounsaturated fats, tons of fiber and protein that makes you feel full faster. The super fruit gives your body more of what it needs so it’s no longer hungry for nutrients.
Avocados help reduce abdominal fat
Remember those monounsaturated fats I was telling you about? Pair those with the oleic fatty acids in avocados and you’ve got yourself a killer fat blasting combo. Researchers say switching to avocado oil helps spot reduce abdominal fat. It also has a high smoke point so you’re able to do some heavyweight cooking without the risk of free radicals.
Now that you have an idea of just how beneficial avocados can be I’m gonna share a recipe with you to use for breakfast tomorrow. In case you didn’t know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day–especially for weight loss. So let’s kick off tomorrow with a dose of avocado and start dropping those pounds!
Avocado Omelette Recipe
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 or 1/4 of avocado
- a couple mushrooms
- chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons of parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric
- a bit of feta cheese
- chopped tomato
- cracked black pepper
- Start with a small amount of avocado oil in a small frying pan. Add the chopped onion and lightly fry it on a low heat.
- Slice up the mushrooms and tomatoes and mix them in.
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl with a fork until they’re blended. Add turmeric, parsley, cracked pepper and crumble in the feta before whisking again.
- Add the garlic to the pan with the mushrooms, onions and tomatoes and stir. Don’t heat the garlic for too long or you’ll lose all the good stuff!
- Next, toss in the sliced avocado. Make sure they’re spread out and then pour the eggs over the top.
- Crank up the heat to medium and let the omelette cook for about a minute and a half. Once the edges start to look solid, take it out of the pan.
Source: Healthiest Foods